The Big Issue We all Face
Chronic health issues like heart disease, cancer, type 2 diabetes, and Alzheimer’s/Dementia are the leading health issues most of the world faces today. Unfortunately, the current health care system is not well equipped to treat these issues. Why? The system is designed to treat acute/emergent issues like accidents and immediate life-threatening issues.
If you’re having a heart attack, we have the best doctors in the world that can help save your life. But if you walk in saying “I just don’t feel well” their protocols don’t fit your needs.
Why you may ask? Well, chronic degenerative diseases are all rooted in a mismatch between genetics & lifestyle.
The current medical model doesn’t really address “lifestyle”
Side effects include…
I see pharmaceutical commercials on TV all the time and I find it quite hilarious. “Side effects include nausea, rashes, dizziness and sometimes death.”
Yet we all have a knee-jerk reaction to run to the nearest MD when we don’t feel good. And if you’re not a fortunate one who has an MD trained outside of the realm of drugs and surgery, you’re most likely going to walk out with a prescription and more questions in your mind.
“What you want, baby I’ve got it…”
After treating thousands of patients, usually coming to me at the end of their rope, I’ve come to the conclusion that you don’t really want to take the drugs or surgery. YOU JUST WANT TO FEEL BETTER.
And if the only option you’re aware of is drugs or surgery, you’re going to take it.
But what if there were other ways?
This is what I’ve worked for many years to discover…what other ways are there that can help without all the nasty side effects? Can you initiate the healing process using nature’s gifts?
To initiate healing requires these 3 things:
- MINDSET: you have first have to release worry & frustration and replace with serenity & gratitude.
- Adopt the practice of affirming you desires for healing
- “I am healed”
- “thank you for my healing”
- “I am so grateful to experience a complete healing”
- Your mind is extremely powerful and if you learn how to use it properly, you can witness miracles.
- Cease to complain about your issues.
- Cease to own your issue…quit saying “my XYZ disease”
- BODY: your body is composed of trillions of cells making tissues then organs and systems. Take care of it properly.
- Learn the intricacies and simple beauty of your vessel! That’s why I put out these blog posts, social media posts (IG & FB), Podcasts and Group Coaching
- Work to maintain mobility of joints. There are 7 fundamental movement patterns you need to maintain for longevity.
- Work to maintain suppleness of soft tissue. Soft tissue adhesion and lack of elasticity can lead to toxin storage and decrease nutrient delivery.
- Work to maintain the proper physiology in accordance to your environment. I teach all my patients how to create a movement program that works with environmental cues like day/night cycles and seasonal changes.
- Work to create an environment conducive to optimal health. Your environment such as your home/workplace and the people you surround yourself will all have an effect on your body’s function.
- NUTRITION: “let Thy food be Thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food” spoke Hippocrates.
- You eat to supply your BODY with the nutrients for cellular repair, energy production, maintenance of tissue integrity and biotransformation (aka detoxification).
- Steer clear of fad diets and regimens.
- Be mindful of those who speak in absolutes.
- Each person is biochemically unique and your needs will change over time
- Choose foods that are in season and grown locally
These are the basics to heal and maintain optimal function! This is what I work on with every single patient. The most difficult part is establishing and mindset for healing.
Roadblocks to healing
Some may wonder “why am I not getting any better?” This all has to do with the route you’re taking
- either you’ve been given a symptomatic correction (aka a drug)
- My rule of thumb: use medications for short term as your body may need it to kickstart, while in the background you’re working on addressing the causative factors.
- you’re being pulled in many different directions
I always recommend finding one route, one direction and sticking to that. Don’t dabble. Don’t go searching Google for more information.
Put the blinders on and move forward with the plan. Oh yeah, you need a plan. And you need benchmarks to know if you’re on the right path.
The easiest way is to work with a professional who can guide you. This is the quickest way to heal your body.
They should be able to address the causative factors by putting together a plan for you to achieve the health transformation you desire. Initiation of the healing process is like turning the key on the ignition. But now you need to turn on the GPS so you don’t get lost along the way.
If you’re tired of being sick and tired, being on endless medications and not getting the proper care and attention for your health…
Watch my webinar replay and set up your free 20 min consultation
We’ll chat over ZOOM and then see if we’re a right fit for each other, then I can direct you to one of my programs that will best fit your needs
Latest posts by Dr. Mike Okouchi (see all)
- The top 5 health issues we all face as we age - May 30, 2019
- 3 amazing & powerful tips to help survive the 2nd puberty - May 23, 2019
- The 3 overlooked things your body needs to heal - May 16, 2019